Thu, Dec 14|
Financial Peace of Mind: Preparing Documents for Your Next of Kin
Why worry about what your loved ones need to manage your financial affairs when you pass instead of feeling relieved that they have what they need? Get advice from a financial planner and learn how Positive Money practices can help.
Time & Location - Eastern Time
Dec 14, 2023, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM EST
About the event
Do you worry about having your financial affairs in order when you die? Have you assembled important documents but no one else knows where they are? Has this been on your to-do list and it keeps getting passed up in favor of playing pickleball?
If so, I can relate. Few of us want to think about leaving our loved ones much less leaving them to manage our affairs after we're gone. Nonetheless, the reality is that an individual or institution is legally bound as an executor to this task upon our death. Unfortunately, many land in the role by design or circumstance and either have no idea where to begin or -- even worse -- where to find or access the important documents we want and need.
In this webinar, we will explore the following:
- How Positive Money is a practice that includes actions we take regularly to support and maintain our financial health and well-being.
- Reflect on what's most important about preparing our financial affairs for next of kin.
- Share stories about what we learned in our families about financial planning and what we hope to pass along.
- Get advice from a financial planner on specific documents we should have in a safe and accessible location in the case of our death.
- Consider the obstacles in the way of getting our financial affairs in order.
- Determine next steps and create a plan of action and accountability
We look forward to having Fran Toler from the Toler Financial Group join us. Learn about them here.
We will also be sharing information about the Next of Kin or "NokBox" which is a wonderfully organized system designed to make this process easier and complete. A link to their materials can be found here. Note: this is an affiliate link so the Positive Money Club earns a small percentage of sales when you use this link.